CONTACT

Luitpoldhütte GmbH
Sulzbacher Str. 121
92224 Amberg
Germany

Tel. +49 (0)9621 / 640-0
Fax +49 (0)9621 / 673 221
infoluitpoldhuette.de

History
The history of the company

Founded initially as a blast furnace in the year 1883, the first foundry in Amberg was established in 1911, called Luitpoldhütte.

1883

The blast furnace is founded

1911

The first foundry is set up with the name of "Luitpoldhütte"
(in honour of the 90th birthday of Prince Regent Luitpold)

1937

Taken over by Reichswerke AG - its name is changed to Göring Works

1945

Integrated into Berg- und Hüttenbetriebs AG

1952

Transformed into Luitpoldhütte AG, with the following ownership structure: 74% Salzgitter AG, 26% Free State of Bavaria

1968

Final shutdown of the blast furnace

1976

Acquisition of Gießerei Fronberg

1985

Change in ownership structure:
51% Halbergerhütte GmbH, 26% Free State of Bavaria, 23% Salzgitter AG

1988

Halberg-Guß acquires majority holding (51%)

1991

Valfond Group takes over Halberg-Guß,
including 51% of Luitpoldhütte AG

1994

Valfond acquires a further 23% of Luitpoldhütte from Salzgitter AG

1995

A new management begins restructuring Luitpoldhütte

1995

Novaterra acquires Valfond's 74% majority holding

2001

Gießerei Fronberg is sold to Novaterra Group

2002

Farinia BV and Jean-Pierre Derimay take over the shares of
Novaterra Group

2008

Farinia BV sold its shares to AgromashHolding BV

2010

Change in ownership structure:
74% JSC Cheboksary Aggregate Works, 26% Free State of Bavaria

2016 Change in ownership structure:
Since 01/01/2016, Luitpoldhütte is a GmbH (LLC.) and the OGEPAR group owns 100%.